WHAT ARE CHEMICAL PEELS?
Chemical Peels can significantly improve the appearance of skin imperfections such as fine lines and wrinkles, irregular texture, dull and sallow skin, acne and pigmentation. When combined with other treatments (ie microdermabrasion, microneedling) you can have a more dramatic result. Exfoliation of the skin is key to maintaining a healthy and well functioning skin.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Chemical Peels work in a variety of ways to stimulate cell renewal, refine, rejuvenate and hydrate the skin, as well as regenerate and resurface damaged skin
- Improve skin smoothness and vitality
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Assist with acne, congestion and blackheads
- Promote firmer, younger looking skin
- Stimulate cellular turnover and collagen production
- Minimise the appearance of scarring, sun spots and frekles
- Provide an overall benefit to face, neck, hands and feet
At the moment we have 3 chemical peels available here at the clinic; lactic acid, glycolic acid and AHA/BHA reveal peel.
lactic peel is recommended for dry, mature and sensitive skin types in need of hydration.
glycolic peel helps to soften lines, wrinkles, hydrate the skin and stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin.
reveal peel with AHA/BHA, improves skin texture and restores a fresh, smooth and more youthful appearance to the skin.
There is minimal downtime after your treatment, which means you can get back to your day faster. You may experience redness for the first 24-48 hours post treatment but this can be easily covered with makeup. Visible ‘eraser’ peeling may occur 3-5 days post peel application (AHA/BHA reveal peel)